Monday, March 4, 2013

30 Day Mission, DAY 5 - The REST

Today I rested.


I didn't type. (I'm typing this on Monday)

I didn't bake a ham or a chicken or a pork loin.

I didn't get dressed.
 
I didn't do laundry.

I didn't mop.

I didn't vacuum.

I didn't do dishes.

I didn't make any beds.

I didn't exercise.

I didn't sew.

I didn't go get groceries.

I didn't do anything but rest. No wait, I did knit four baby hats for the Period of Purple Crying but that is considered rest for me. Oh and I lied, I did mop. Still in Potty Training mode! But that's about it. Hubby slept all day (night shift) and the girls and I watched movies and read books all day. It was amazing and COMPLETELY not normal for me.

I usually use Sunday as my day to get everything organized for the week. It typically ends up being one of the busiest days of the week for me, especially when I have no husband on deck to take over any of the weekly tasks. My ideal resting time is usually when he is here so I can escape to my craft room and give him the "Honey-Do List" to keep him busy.

Sounds pretty great, eh? Lazy day with the kids. Not a worry in the world. It WAS great. At first. 

This was a HUGE challenge for me! DO you know how many times I almost lost my mind looking at the dishes in the sink? Do you know how badly I wanted to boil that ham, make a glaze and hand slice scallop potatoes!? Many, many times! I finally decided to freeze the ham so I didn't have to think about it anymore or be tempted to change my mind and cook it.

When hubby woke up we had stir fry for supper. He did all the stirring. I only helped a little bit. It felt bad but also really good at the same time. I went to bed last night, and my self-diagnosed ocd kicked in and I almost lost my mind thinking about the condition of my house and how much work I had to get it back in shape in the morning. I then realised that this challenge was worth is because it was 11pm and I was in bed. This NEVER happens. It's usually 12 or 1 before I rest.

I woke up this morning feeling so great. I think it was all the resting. What a great gift to give myself. It only took me two hours to get everything back in shape around here today. I couldn't believe how good and energized I was. I only needed 2 cups of coffee this morning, not 4!

Maybe one complete day of pure laziness and relaxation is the key to increased productivity and efficiency around here?

I have my fingers crossed that this feeling will carry through the rest of the week. If not, I guess I will have to try it again next weekend or maybe a few days next week and see what happens. I think it's worth exploring. *wink*


Love,

Kate







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!