Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Spontaneously Combust





 * Note* 
The title of this post was originally "What's So Special about Cartwright, NL?" Then it was "Recipes for Disaster" then it was "What do you do when you are losing your mind" and then, I finally gave up and just called a spade a spade: It's a Freak Out!

                                                                                                        

Everything feels a little crazy this week. Maybe it's because its Monday? Maybe it's hormonal? Maybe there's a full moon? Maybe I'm insane... Who knows?

There isn't much going on around here, but everything seems like it's too much for me to handle.  

Do you ever feel like that? Do you ever start feeling crazy for even saying out-loud  that you are too busy to do what you want/need to do? Because you know, you're a stay-at-home mother or you're "unemployed" and technically you should have all the time in the world to get things done. 

I expect that I am going to be able to do it all, all the time. When in reality... shit just needs to go undone sometimes.

For example, at this very moment:

There are dirty dishes in my sink.
The floor under my dining room table is speckled with taco meat from Hubby's Father's Day feast.
There are approximately four loads of laundry that need to be done. (Hubby is giving it a solid effort though)
The floors are a mess.
The kids need baths. 
I haven't done anything creative in about two weeks. (Unless you count sewing on all those Brownie Badges)
My legs are hairy because my shower allotment was only fifteen minutes today.
I haven't talked to any of friends lately.
I have been neglecting my gym membership.
And, every time I look at my to-do list, I want to puke.

In a rut much?

I am procrastinating just about everything imaginable, and everything feels like it is on hold and I can't quite put my finger on why. I am writing this post because I think I need to say it out loud instead of trying to bury it inside somewhere. I have quite a bit buried in there right now.

So much, that it wouldn't surprise me if I was the the very first person to spontaneously combust due to a psychological overload of pure crap mixed with a burning desire to be happy. 

The good news is that I know this too shall pass like it usually does.

*Takes a deep breath*

But in the meantime: AHHHHHHHH alsjdnfjlanso asdhjnfkjansd ashdnfkjanksdf jhaskdf jklsn!!

It's gotta be hormonal. 

Love,

Kate




2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling, having a bit of it myself. I find a nice chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio works wonders. At the very least it "changes the water on the beans" my motto for all things stuck that need un-sticking.
    A haircut or a good old-fashioned furniture moving fit works too. If all else fails, dig the moldy pink playdoh out of the ziploc bag hiding in the back of the fridge (that you need to clean) and roll a bunch of meatballs for a little girl's tea party...and it will all fall in place. All that matters....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I love this. I have rolled many-a-playdough-meatball this week and I am feeling much better. My "house" is working hard at putting itself back together. A bottle of Pinot Grigio could be the finishing touch it needs! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!